I’m often asked by homeowners whether they should sell their home in the fall or wait until a later time. I’ve gone over the reasons why fall is a great choice for sellers in this video, and today I’ll be giving you five tips on how to sell your home successfully this season:
1. Take advantage of our current market. We’re still in an extremely strong seller’s market. Currently, Stark and Summit Counties have 210 pending home sales. 31% of those homes went pending in 14 days or less and 52% were pending in 30 days or less.
2. Don’t go overboard on improvements. It’s better to focus on depersonalizing, painting, removing clutter, and adding curb appeal. We’ve found that these changes bring the best return for sellers, so don’t worry about upgrading everything you can. Just because you sink a lot of money into a house, it doesn’t mean you’ll see a return on investment.
“We’re still in an extremely strong seller’s market.”
3. Don’t limit showings. If your home looks good online and is priced correctly, you’re going to have a lot of interested buyers. Resist the temptation to turn down showings; excited buyers will go into a bidding frenzy, causing your sale price to rise higher and higher.
4. Don’t overprice your home. Even though it’s a seller’s market, you shouldn’t price your home too high. It steers buyers away from your home and helps the competition sell instead. We’ve found that overpricing actually nets you less in the long run.
5. Don’t sell on your own. You may want to save money, but do you have the time for marketing, showing your home, qualifying buyers, handling negotiations, drawing contracts, and closing? We take all of this off your plate as real estate professionals.
A commission is a small price to pay for the services a real estate agent provides. We can help you with your buying and selling needs, and want you to reach out to us with any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you.