Do you know what could sabotage your home sale? Today I want to talk about the nine silly things that could hurt your ability to sell your home.
1. Cords hanging from your mounted television.
2. A unkempt yard. Curb appeal is a real thing, which is why we encourage our buyers to drive by any home they’re interested in before we schedule a showing for that home. If your yard is not mowed and is full of weeds, that can send a strong message to the buyer about the inside of the home.
3. A dingy front door. On average, it takes a Realtor about 30 seconds to retrieve the key and unlock the door to your home. During that time, the buyer is taking it all in. Painting your front door and adding a wreath, a welcome mat, or a pot of flowers can go a long way in sending a welcoming message to buyers.
4. Not cleaning up after your pets. We all love our pets, but many buyers have pet allergies. And, it is a big turn-off when the buyer can smell your pet’s odor.
6. Poor furniture arrangement. You want to show off your home and make it appear large and inviting. That way, buyers can easily picture their furniture in the home.
7. Junk drawers and crammed cabinets.
8. Overfilled closets. We all have lots of stuff, but when a buyer is viewing your home, they want to make sure there is plenty of room for their things. If closets are overpacked, it sends a message that there will not be room for their items.
9. Cluttered countertops. Similar to the closets, you want a buyer to feel that they have plenty of space to cook and entertain. The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house.
It is the little things that make the biggest differences for homeowners. This is why we give all our clients a thorough consultation, information about stagers, storage unit discounts, cleaning discounts, etc., to help you bring in more money for your home.
If you have any additional questions or are interested in buying or selling, please feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to help.